The Bragg Creek area is a terrific place to hustle up close to nature on a pair of cross country skis or snow shoes. The best place to go is Kananaskis Country, accessed at the end of Township Road 232 (otherwise known as West Bragg Creek Road; from the hamlet go over the bridge, turn left and drive to the end, about 9 km). Click here for an excellent map of cross country skiing and snow shoe trails in this area.
You can also snowshoe on trails in Elbow Valley. Check the hiking page on this site for details.
For more info on ski trails check out this page from the Greater Bragg Creek Trails Association.
For the thrill of downhill you have to go a little further afield. Here are some resorts within easy reach of Bragg Creek:
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do