RidersWest magazine has awarded Bragg Creek not one but TWO Riders' Choice awards!
GOLD for "Favourite Overall ATVing Area in Alberta"
BRONZE for "Favourite Scenic ATVing Area in Alberta"
If you’re not into hiking, biking or that kind of thing, there is still plenty to do in Bragg Creek!
On a hot day why not spend some time by the pristine waters of the Elbow River? A two minute walk from the hamlet, you can paddle, swim, raft or just take in the bubbling water and beautiful scenery. Also remember to take proper safety precautions when playing in and around a river.
How about a round of golf? Excellent golfing facilities can be found at Redwood Meadows Golf and Country Club and Wintergreen Golf and Country Club. Both have tournaments from time to time, plus a pro shop, and Redwood also has a restaurant.
Or try a real adventure at one of the following:
For tennis, check out the courts next to the Bragg Creek Community Centre on White Avenue, or at Redwood Meadows (between the ball diamond and the berm).
And check out the Cowboy Trail, which features horseback trail rides, farm and ranch vacations, guest ranches, western themed attractions, accommodations, adventures, historic sites and western themed shopping. This 700 km route along highway 22 is the source for western vacations and adventures. Stay at a guest ranch or working ranch at one of our farm and ranch vacations. Experience a horseback trail ride or pack trip with an outfitter into some of Alberta’s prettiest country. Take in a rodeo, festival or a pow-wow for a day.
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do