Before you go fishing you need a licence. Exactly who needs a licence and other details like how many fish you can catch are all covered in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations, which can be viewed here.
Then actually getting your licence is a two-part process in Alberta.
First you will need a Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) which you can apply for online here. This is the Alberta government website for the sale of recreational hunting and fishing licences. A WIN currently costs $8 and is valid for 5 years. As soon as you’ve applied online, you may purchase a fishing licence.
Second, you can now buy your fishing licence online on the same site, or take your WIN to
More info will follow soon about where to fish and what you can typically catch.
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do