Before you go fishing you need a licence. Exactly who needs a licence and other details like how many fish you can catch are all covered in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations, which can be viewed here.
Then actually getting your licence is a two-part process in Alberta.
First you will need a Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) which you can apply for online here. This is the Alberta government website for the sale of recreational hunting and fishing licences. A WIN currently costs $8 and is valid for 5 years. As soon as you’ve applied online, you may purchase a fishing licence.
Second, you can now buy your fishing licence online on the same site, or take your WIN to
More info will follow soon about where to fish and what you can typically catch.
Our Next Event
- Social Media Strategies Free Workshop
November 26, 2014 (08:00)
Call Jane at 403-652-3131
- Open Mic Night at The Powderhorn Saloon
November 26, 2014 (19:30)
- Crabapple Cottage Client Appreciation Party
November 27, 2014 (12:00 - 18:00)
- Barney Bentall and The Grand Cariboo Opry
November 29, 2014 (19:00)
- Flood-Affected Businesses: Assistance from Red Cross
December 02, 2014 (09:00)
(403) 541-6120 Rachel Nielsen
- Spirit of Christmas Festival 2014
December 06, 2014 (12:00 - 16:00)