The Bragg Creek area is perfect for biking whether you’re a mountain bike nut, a road racer or just like a little spin around some picturesque countryside. From flat and easy to the craziest mountain trails, we have it all!
Easy rides: Tour around the hamlet for some level riding, or take Township Road 232 west towards the mountains for some super scenery and more of a workout. (From the hamlet, cross the river and turn left). There are also many turns off this road into quiet forested roads and agricultural areas, perfect for a safe and gentle ride with the kids.
Road riders: check here for a low cost map of the recreation terrain accessed via Bragg Creek. Coverage includes Elbow Valley south to Sheep River Road (Highway 546). The Sibbald Flats and McLean Creek off-road vehicle zones with their various snowmobile and motorcycle roads and trails are also covered.
There is also the very organized Elbow Valley Cycle Club which was formed in 1983 to promote the enjoyment of on- and off-road cycling in the Calgary area and to advocate and protect cyclists' rights and access to these facilities. The club does not participate in any races but is strictly a bicycle touring club. The EVCC is a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers.
And last but not least, check out this link for more info.
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do