Situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Bragg Creek is a charming hamlet retaining all the quaint character of the past. Just 30 minutes drive from Calgary close to the junctions of highways 8 and 22, it’s a community of artists, ranchers, local businesses and commuters, existing in harmony with the beauty of nature. The area attracts many visitors, from hikers and bikers to those seeking pleasure in the unique shops and restaurants. You won’t find big-box stores in Bragg Creek! Instead, you might find the occasional horse hitched up outside the local supermarket, a music or arts event, and crafts to buy from local artisans. The restful atmosphere, physical beauty, old log buildings, trading post, and newer shopping center is a magnet for a true diversity of residents and visitors alike.
Bragg Creek is well known as the gateway to Kananaskis Country, and many choose to take a picnic lunch to nearby Elbow Falls or one of the other beautiful leisure areas off highway 66. Trails for hikers, bikers, horse-back riders and skiers alike criss-cross the thick, wildlife filled forest and open alpine meadows of the area. Thrill seekers can try off-roading at the McLean Creek Provincial Recreation Area, while those looking for relaxation can simply admire the mountain views.
As residents and local business owners we are proud of where we live, and invite you to enjoy it as much as we do!
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do