News for localsLiz Breakey's January 2014 update can be found here.
Excellent survey conducted by secretary Marcella Campbell shows how and why chamber members like to receive information about our activities. Click here for details.
Now available in Bragg Creek: Counselling Services at Care in the Creek Medical Centre. Click here for more details.
Excellent resource for distaster contingency planning and recovery here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for December can be found here.
News for businesses! It's membership renewal time and the AGM is around the corner: 6:30 p.m. at The Countrywood on White Avenue, Thursday 17th October 2013. If you cannot attend, please complete a proxy voting form at Spirits West, or print one here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for October can be read here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for September can be read here. Additional info about the announcement by the province on September 19th here.
Service Alberta has provided a very handy sheet of links all about renovations, cleaning up, building permits and much more. Click here for great info!
Wintergreen is hosting a BBQ on Monday July 8th from 2:00 PM to 7:00PM.,for Bragg Creek area residents and volunteers.
July 5th update from the Bragg Creek Community Association, containing important info about registering for relief etc. Click here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for July can be read here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for June can be read here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for May can be read here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for April can be read here.
News for locals! Liz Breakey's update for February/March 2013 can be read here.
HOT NEWS FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!
Bragg Creek's Spirit of Christmas festival has been featured in Canadian Living magazine (national circulation over 500,000 at mid 2012). Click here to see the original article (not a perfect scan). Details, including text are::
Extract from Canadian Living Magazine, December 2012
Article about Things to do in the Holiday Season
Number 12: Bragg Creek, Alberta
Bragg Creek is a friendly hamlet in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It's the kind of place where ranchers and artists rub shoulders with business folk and commuters (it's a 30-minute drive from Calgary), and where a horse tethered outside the grocery store isn't an uncommon sight. It's this same down-home feel that envelopes the annual Spirit of Christmas event, which launches this year with a Friday night dance on Nov. 30 (EDIT: dance cancelled) and ontinues over the next two weekends. Locals and visitors come for the ice sculpting and horse-drawn wagon rides - not to mention a chance to see real live reindeer. Dec. 1, 2, 8 and 15; visitbraggcreek.com
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do