Rocky View County is the municipal district that contains Bragg Creek and much of the surrounding area. Rocky View surrounds the City of Calgary in a horseshoe-shape to the west, north and east. This is an enormous area with many differing environmental, economic and social needs.
As a Chamber of Commerce, we seem to have a good influence with Rocky View (based on gut feeling and reportage; no statistics available currently). We’ve had significant funding from them in the past and have been told that we seem to be “very organized” and “decisive ” as a group of influence. We continue to deepen and strengthen our links with Rocky View, seeking funding to promote our basic tenets of promoting Bragg Creek as an area for business, residents and tourists. Ultimately, we want every member of our Chamber to benefit from our activities. We seek to draw tourists to our area, to encourage residents to shop locally and use local services, and enhance business-to-business transactions locally too.
The Rocky View County website is a mine of information, from local bylaws, to vegetable gardening workshops, to understanding our socio-economic profile to aiding business success.
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do