In Bragg Creek we live in bear country. Even though they are rarely seen, bears are all around us, and it’s important to know some basic facts about bears and their behaviour. Some great information about black bears and grizzly bears is available here.
The Alberta BearSmart program aims to prevent and reduce human-bear encounters, not only to ensure our own safety but to safeguard the future of Alberta’s bear population.
Information for residents can be found here. This link takes you to all kinds of useful information, from how to keep bears out of your backyard, what you can teach your kids about bears, and what to do if you encounter a bear.
Be bear aware!
Our Next Event
- Bragg Creek's Scarecrow Festival!
October 28, 2014(09:00) - November 03, 2014 (12:00)
- Halloween Teen Costume Dance
October 31, 2014 (18:00 - 21:00)
- The Powderhorn presents: D.J. Halloween
October 31, 2014 (19:00 - 20:00)
- Open Mic Night at The Powderhorn Saloon
November 05, 2014 (19:30)
- Beatles Tribute Concert "All You Need is Love"
November 07, 2014 (18:00)
- The Powderhorn Presents: Back Road Traveller
November 07, 2014 (19:00)