The Bragg Creek & Area Chamber of Commerce was founded in the early Eighties by a small group of long-time residents and business owners. Since that time, our Chamber has grown until today we have over 220 members and are still growing! Our Chamber is proud to work with other community organizations to make residents and visitors alike aware of the beautiful place we call home, BRAGG CREEK. Our goal is to bring awareness of Bragg Creek to people while promoting our business community.
Our membership year runs from October 1st to September 30th. We have monthly meetings except for the months of July, August and December and our Annual General Meeting is held in October. Our Board is comprised of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and up to five Directors.
Our funding is through our membership dues plus grant monies received from Travel Alberta, the Government of Alberta’s “Community Initiatives Program” and Rocky View County’s “Business Center and Commercial Corridor Enhancement Program”. These finance an on-going slate of initiatives to promote Bragg Creek and assist local business success. You can see a selection of our achievements here.
As you can see from our initiatives, we are a vigorous and committed Chamber. All the work is done by a board of volunteers, and the atmosphere at meetings is lively and focused. Note that all members and prospective members are welcome to attend meetings, and we welcome feedback from anyone in the community. Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Is time passing you by? The very best of every season is here in Bragg Creek Shop, dine, play then stay! We have it all, from kids activities to wildlife to adult quiet time away from the hussle and bussle of city life
- Nature is closer than you think, just 30 minutes from Calgary! Mountains, meadows blossoming with Alpine flowers, Bragg Creek has it all! Drop in, play, then stay... your time here will refresh and enliven you
- Art: defn. n. The quality or expression of what is beautiful Bragg Creek is known as an artists’ haven, surrounded by so much beauty and natural Canadian wildlife and culture. It’s easy to be inspired here
- Winter brings stillness ... and festivals to our community! Check out our winter activities when the temperatures plummet, and be sure to come see the reindeer and other festivities around December!
- Western hospitality with international flare and worldwide renown Wander here among stores that showcase the best of local art to unusual trinkets from the world over
- Craving a new flavour? From burgers and wings to haute cuisine, Bragg Creek has it all. Let us delight you with local specialities, service that is always smiling, and the best chefs in Alberta. We’re known for our food for a reason
- A clear river flows with pure water from the Rocky Mountains. Dip your toe in! On hot days, just 30 minutes from Calgary, surround yourself with the best the Rockies can offer: pure water, kind hospitality and so many exciting things to do